Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Couple Benefits to Blogging Breyers


Have you thought about starting a Blog? Or maybe you already have - let us know who you are so we stay in touch.


The reason for the question is this; Blogs are fairly easy to do, they don't cost anything, they only take a bit of time, a little imagination, elbow grease, and there you go - you have a Blog. And a Blog can benefit a Collector in many ways.

Why would this have anything to do with Breyer Models? Well, let me tell you what I have seen. With a Blog, you can tell your story, your experience with Breyer Models, you can show pictures and give descriptions, and yes, you can even use your Blog to Sell Your Breyer Models.

Of course this leads to the question of who will know you are there? I mean you can have the best looking Blog on the planet with the rarest of rare Breyer Models to sell; but if no one knows about it, then it defeats the purpose.

So how do you get people to your blog? By telling them. Start with everyone you know, send them and invite, ask them to ask others. And then start "talking" to these visitors; and keep talking to them. Ask them again to spread the word about your Blog. Ask them what they are looking for when it comes to Breyer Models; get to know them.

Creating a Blog is one of the easiest ways for a person to get started building a reference tool with little to no experience. If you screw up; delete it and rewrite or change the layout and settings. One point I should make however; test out all of the templates that you think you may like before you start working on writing. That alone will save you time.

And do you see that white box down there? Right below this posting? Yea, that one. Write a comment and let me know your thoughts and questions and I will be sure to try and help. And don't forget to sign up for follow up emails when you are done writing your post. That is the only way will know the answer.

Glad you are here! Now tell me; how can I help??

4 comments:

DrSteggy said...

Hi there!

The impetus behind my Model hors eblog (its Breyers now, but the other stuff is coming) was to serve as as searchable archive of my collection. I have wanted to identify my collection in a way that non model horse people would be able to identify models in the event of my demise. the blog not only allows photos and information to be integrated, you can also search with tags...so if someday down the road my future husband needs to sell my horses he will be able to figure out quickly which Cantering Welsh Ponies are more valuable than others.

Stasser Equine said...

Hi DrSteggy,
Glad you joined us! While this is a fairly new blog my hope is that it will grow and others will see the use of it.
I do like your idea of tracking your models this way. Very interesting. Have you shared your idea with others? Besides on your blog. I am looking for a guest writer or two for a couple of article for the Breyer SpotLight.....
You have a wonderful collection and I am very glad that you have decided to share it with everyone. It never ceases to amaze me how creative Model Horse Collectors can be; truly an amazing group of people.
I thank you for your post and will be looking for additional updates on your blog as well. And I do hope you signed up for the Breyer SpotLight that goes out twice a month. We'd love to have you join us there as well.
Blessings!
Bonnie
www.breyerhorsecollectors.com

Conjure said...

I'm in a pickle, I cannot figure out what year, or how much my breyers might possibly be worth, and I'm dying to know! I posted my 1st blog entry discussing them, but here they are anyways;

This one I know for a fact is one of the oldest I've seen, and is in amazing quality considering what it's been through over the years! He still has some of his "glossed" coat
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/ilovedanifilth/Other/Picture001.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/ilovedanifilth/Other/Picture002.jpg

I've never seen this one before, but I can tell he's old. He also still has a glossed coat.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/ilovedanifilth/Other/Picture003.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/ilovedanifilth/Other/Picture003.jpg

This foal seems to have been loved a little, but no chips or mark can be seen on him. I think hes old?...
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/ilovedanifilth/Other/Picture005.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/ilovedanifilth/Other/Picture006.jpg

My FAVORITE of all the breyers, new and old, my unicorn. He;s not vintage, but I don;t think he's common either?...
He's in mint condition.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/ilovedanifilth/Other/Picture007.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/ilovedanifilth/Other/Picture008.jpg

And the moose, which, I actually received today as an odd and awesome find in my basement. He has some damage to his horns, but his body and gloss is still intact. I can tell he's old.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/ilovedanifilth/Other/Picture009.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/ilovedanifilth/Other/Picture010.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/ilovedanifilth/Other/Picture011.jpg

Stasser Equine said...

Conjur, man I wish I could help you!! Problem is I can't see the pictures you have sent links to! It sounds as though you have a nice collection, possibly a few with some value. Have you purchased a collectors guide and looked in those for the molds?
If you would like, you can try and email me directly, sending the photos in a zip file to open. I promise to honor your IP rights with all your photos. This way I would be able to open and help you identify the models. My email is; bstasser@gmail.com.
Talk soon!