Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Foal Naming Contest is Here for Breyer Collectors


Sorry for the delay folks, I have been swamped. However, now it's time to get this page out to you so you can offer your suggestions for names!

The idea for all of this came about from one of our long time readers of the Breyer SpotLight. When I posted pictures of our new foal on Facebook - Celia asked about a contest to name him. So here we are.

Now there are a couple of things that I must explain about naming a Quarter Horse foal.
  • First: we have to pick 6 choices in case any of them are already taken.
  • Second: it is customary to try and work the name of the Sire/Grand Sire and Dam/Grand Dam into the foals name.
However, my husband and I have not always followed the custom. Such as when we named our AQHA Artful Investment Granddaughter last year. She is named "Red Legs Dancing". What can I say? It fits.

So with this guy, his sires name is:
  • Face It Im Good and is a son of Zippos Mr. Good Bar.

and his dams name is:

  • O'Lenas Fancy Freckle. We do request that the words Fancy and Freckle are NOT used in the foals name.
Other than that, it is open. I was thinking of naming him "A Breyer Inspiration". :-)

Oh, the other thing is that there is only 20 spaces available for the spelling of the name including spaces in between.

Now all you need to do is look at the bottom of this post and click where it says "comment" then leave your idea. In the next 4 weeks we will gather all of the names that have been offered and post them to a survey at the top of the page. Then everyone can vote on the most popular. From that we will find out what his new name(s) may be.

Thank you everyone! Have fun!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ok.. I see he has a star on his head too so how about.
Ima zippo star
Ima Breyer star
Ima good star
Ima good zip
zippos star
goodbar star
olena's zippo star
Ima good bar star

I could go on.. but I think this is enough!
Cute foal!
Rebecca Turner
www.solticeartstudio.blogspot.com

Stasser Equine said...

Hi Rebecca,
Thank you for the idea's! Those are great too. I'll have better pictures of him hopefully in a few days; he has filled out very nicely and is handling his "schooling" well. :-)
Thank you again. We'll announce the top picks a bit later so stay tuned....

bob's my uncle said...

Fancy's Face It Goodbar!

Peggy (a friend of Celia's)

Stasser Equine said...

Another good one! :-) Thank you!

Laura said...

Bonnie I have been thinking about this and I like Face It Ima Star. Good Luck with the naming.

Laura

Stasser Equine said...

Hi Laura,
Thank you for the name suggestion; this is going to be tough choice with so many good ones to choose from. We'll put it to a vote to pick the top six in the next few weeks. So stay tuned....
Bonnie