Friday, August 28, 2009

Have you seen it?!

Another quick one today - sorry. I just have too many irons in the fire all at once.

How many of you get the "Just About Horses" magazine from Breyer? I'm sure there are a lot of people that have signed up for this, especially if they are die hard Collectors.

The reason for me asking is - what are your thoughts of the JAH model offerings in this last issue? Myself, I think I will pass on the grazing mare and foal. Yes, nice old nostalgic models and done in high gloss. But I'm sorry, they still don't have the "pizazz" that the other model release does; you know, the more expensive one.

The Grazing Mare and Foal, named Cream and Cocoa are limited to 1200 models made, and the fact that they are glossy and the foal is in the deep charcoal may help them out a bit. And they are more affordable than the other release, the set is priced at $80 plus shipping. We also have to remember that "glossies" usually sell higher; I'm sure because of visual impact.

I do have to say though, I'm not sure it was such good idea for Breyer to offer both of the releases in the same issue. Tough competition. But then again, maybe this is their way of testing their readers to see where the greatest interest is. Affordability or Collectability.

And the other release?

He is called "The Widow Maker" and is the FIRST Bull offered in the Connoisseur series. And he is impressive! He is painted by Karen Williams and is a very nice brown and white brindle rodeo bull. Fantastic paint job to say the least.

The model itself is a variation of the Spanish Fighting Bull with the horns cut short, apparently because he earned his name. This model is limited to 350 and does come with his COA. And if I should be lucky enough to win I will be sure to post pictures of him here as well as on the site.

I sent in my post card! Have you??

Drop me a line and let me know what you think....

No comments: